Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img

    When trying to remaster...
    I issue the command:

    mkisofs -r -j -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -o /mnt/hda2/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

    and I get the error:

    mkisofs: Uh oh, I can't find the boot image "KNOPPIX/boot.img !

    Can someone please tell me what to do about this?

    Thanks,
    Mark
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10
    I think you made the same mistake I did. You didnt copy the whole /cdrom/KNOPPIX/ directory, you only copied the index.html file. Thats what it says in the remastering howto but i think youre supposed to copy the whole thing... check this out http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1418#6226

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    I tried that

    I tried that and I still get the same error. When I do a find / -name boot.img it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the hard disk or on the CD?
    any more ideas?

    Mark

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10
    the boot.img file is supposed to be here: /cdrom/KNOPPIX, you might not be seeing it if youre still chrooted in the source dir.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Nope

    Nope, I'm not chrooted and the file boot.img does not exist anywhere on the CD that I have booted from. Is the boot.img file created at some point in the remastering process, or is it a file that is supposed to be on the CD already?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10
    sposed to be on the cd, try downloading the image again...i just started using knoppix but im pretty sure its gotta be there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5

    Problem Found

    Problem found - MY CD is no good - I had messed with the ISO image before I burned the CD - and then forgot that I did that. I had delete the boot.img myself a few weeks ago. I made a new cd and it has the boot.img on it. Thanks for all the help.

    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. Boot Error, Cant find KNOPPIX file system
    By macgregor in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
  2. Boot Knoppix from .iso image
    By funkymonk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:44 PM
  3. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  4. using knoppix: i need to find where the boot ini xp file
    By vocoolite in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 10:14 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$128.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$199.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99