-
I have my Ipod mini working perfectly with my Knoppix 3.9 hd install. I installed gtkpod from the new debian stable release before I did the rest of this.
Here are some of the tweaks I had to do in order to get there, though. First, I got an ieee1394 to ipod adapter because I don't have USB 2.0 on my machine, only usb 1.1. I do have a firewire port. Second, I added hfsplus support to my modules list. In the /etc/modules-2.6.11 file I added hfsplus (My knoppix install was beginner, multi-user hardware detection). I didn't fiddle with fstab, since when knoppix boots, if I have the ipod mini attached, it detects it as /dev/sda. I get three partitions when I do this. /dev/sda3 is the one for data.
Third, As root (and I can only use the Ipod as root, so I guess it isn't perfect
) I mount the Ipod mini with:
# mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3
As root, I run gtkpod. I had to change the preferences there to use the /mnt/sda3 mount point. I created the directory structure on the ipod, and added mp3's.
Other than the trial and error frustrations of finding all this stuff out, I have had no problems since. I have loaded over 800 mp3's, added text files under Notes, deleted songs, made and edited playlists, and edited the song info, perfectly.
Good Luck.
Similar Threads
-
By jan4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By zawi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2005, 04:05 AM
-
By DataSurfer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 08:33 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 01:48 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7477
$100.00