Knoppix gives the knoppix user a scrambled passwd by default. you have to become the root user & then set the knoppix passwd. Read this as it is very helpful http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500
I have installed knoppix 3.8 to my harddisk.
I would like to change the user passwords (knoppix & root).
When i try to change the knoppix password:
passwd knoppix
The system want the old password but i don't know the old password from user knoppix.
(I installed knoppix new as live cd version. I don't set a any password. Exist an default passwort?)
many thanks
Knoppix gives the knoppix user a scrambled passwd by default. you have to become the root user & then set the knoppix passwd. Read this as it is very helpful http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99