Knoppix gives the knoppix user a scrambled passwd by default. you have to become the root user & then set the knoppix passwd. Read this as it is very helpful http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500
I have installed knoppix 3.8 to my harddisk.
I would like to change the user passwords (knoppix & root).
When i try to change the knoppix password:
passwd knoppix
The system want the old password but i don't know the old password from user knoppix.
(I installed knoppix new as live cd version. I don't set a any password. Exist an default passwort?)
many thanks
Knoppix gives the knoppix user a scrambled passwd by default. you have to become the root user & then set the knoppix passwd. Read this as it is very helpful http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital CompacTape II Tape Cartridge TK-52 TK-70
$29.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00