-
Restore lilo
Knoppix 3.8.1 is installed on my hard drive.
I tried to defrag my partition with e2defrag from the Knoppix CD.
Thinks looked running well.
But now I am unable to boot again from the hard drive.
When I try to restore lilo from the Knoppix CD I get a message saying the hard drive is protected against writing.
How to proceed for the boot restoration?
I tried to follow the procedure #52 described in the O'Reilly book "Knoppix at 200%".
But remounting the hd is rejected because of the writing protection.
Similar Threads
-
By GCMartin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
-
By Gemu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-05-2009, 03:45 AM
-
By andyc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2006, 06:46 AM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By Linuxshark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99