-
Junior Member
registered user
no network
Hi,
my next problem: after booting I have no network.
My machine contains 2 network-cards: eth0 (for DSL) and eth1 (for my little LAN).
dmesg tells me:
eth0: RealTek RTL8139
eth1: RealTek RTL8139
ifconfig tells me nothing. As root I can enter
ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.100 up
now I can ping to my 2nd PC and this works (the other direction works too).
I connot configure eth0, not via ifconfig nor via
K -> Netzwerk/Internet -> Netzwerkkarten konfigurieren
Using the last program I receive the following message:
eth0: failed to connect to localhost:bootpc
There might be antoher pump running.
Operation failed.
So my problems are:
#1: I cannot configure eth0
#2: after booting everything is lost
Any tips?
Thanks.
AugustQ
PS: here is what I found:
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(
, ifdown(
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth1 eth0
iface lo inet loopback
auto dsl-provider eth1 eth0
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
provider dsl-provider
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast .255
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.0.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.254
To me this looks incorrect: eth0 gets its address vai the DSL-modem, eth1 looks fine.
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98