-
Can I burn files from an ntfs partition using Knoppix live
I am a linux newb but am very proficient with windows. However all my OS disks have been compromised. I have an iso image on my harddrive of win xp professional that I can see with Knoppix. I want to know if i can burn those files to a disk. Doesnt have to be bootable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The cdburner program is called K3b. It should be found in the Multimedia menu. Like nero & easycd, K3b can burn ISO images. The menus are a bit different but I guarantee that there is an option for burning a CD image. Please let us know your results.
James
-
I am at work right now was reading through these forums trying to get a better understanding of what knoppix could do. I will definitely give it a shot when i get home. I am actually pretty impressed with knoppix so far. When nothing else would boot i through it in the cd rom and there it was.
-
Worked like a charm wish i new linux better. I definitely have a new found respect for it.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Drake
Worked like a charm wish i new linux better.
Glad to hear it worked. 
Documentation about Knoppix http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/
Knoppix & Linux books (html, pdf & paper) http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18386
You can search the forums since many questions have already been asked & answered. If you still have a question, please post a detailed request for support with a logical subject line & we will do our best to help you.
Similar Threads
-
By computerguy9 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
-
By carlo67 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2007, 10:00 AM
-
By Tiepo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 06:23 AM
-
By katana in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By OCedHrt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**
$69.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00