Quote Originally Posted by Tyreses
Alright, i boot up the pc, cd in the drive. It loads the boot page "Boot>" i pressed enter, and it says 2 things for booting in the bottom then the screen goes black, 30 seconds later the cd rom stops.
I had the same symtom. My motherboard is an older ASUS dual P-III with on-board SYMBIOS SCSI. Knoppix 3.4, 3.7 and 3.8 worked fine, but 3.9 fails.

boot: failsafe works, but is rather drastic. I narrowed it down to APCI. After specifying "knoppix acpi=off noapic" it comes up, but there is a message at the top of the screen saying "APCI: BIOS date (2001) is older than cutoff (2002). Unless ACPI=force is specified, APCI will be disabled."

There was a BIOS setting for "MPS 1.4" that when disabled, allowed knoppix to boot via <ENTER>, but that caused other problems.

The final fix was to specify "knoppix acpi=force". I still get the warning message about the BIOS date, but everything works.

Hope this helps.