Try "umount /dev/cdrom" or "umount /dev/cdrom1"
I run Knoppix from my dvd/cd player. I put another cd in my cd burner; read what I was looking for, and then tried to unmount/eject. On the desktop I right clicked on the icon and then "eject". Nothing hapened.
In the K menu there was, under system, a Kdisk program with mount/unmount options. Nothing happened.
All the linux books warn that one must unmount before trying to eject a cd.
How?
Thanks
(I logged out and shut the whole OS down. It still didn't eject on its own)
Try "umount /dev/cdrom" or "umount /dev/cdrom1"
--Don't forget, you should be Root for ALL sys-admin stuff, such as this...
--Also try:
' eject /dev/scd1 ' or
' eject /dev/hdc ' or hdd (hdc is 2nd IDE Master, hdd is 2nd IDE Slave.)
--If that fails, try:
' lsof | grep /dev/cdrom | less ' == You may have to kill the process that is holding the device, and then eject it.
--NOTE: Any process that has an active "cd" to a directory on the mounted filesystem should either cd back to their home dir or root, or they will have to be killed before you can umount the filesystem.
--If for example you have the knoppix user or root cd'ed to /mnt/cdrom/blah, you have to have them ' cd ' or ' cd / ' which will take them to "~" (/home/userID) or to root, respectively.
Originally Posted by Tech2k
I tried that, and I still get the "device is busy" error message. Is there anyway to force the media out? (Without using a paper clip?)

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
Dell Optiplex 7060 SFF Intel Core i5-8500 3GHz 8GB RAM No HDD No OS
$85.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00