-
how do i ensure that my wireless adapter was detected
I am booting live from the cd. I am extremely new to linux and what may seem simple to you will probably blow my mind. I have read many articles with problems connecting to internet after installing to hdd. I am booting from cd. I don't know how to run simple commands like ipconfig /all or even how to look at the device manager to know if the card is present and working. As you can tell I am used to Windows. I am going to have to print any instructions given because when i get home i will not have access to the internet. The knoppix version i have is 3.9. My network card is a d-link DWL-520. The machine it is in is custom Intel board P4 3.2Ghz processor 1024 DDR2 Ram. Ide 30 GB harddrive. Nvidia 8x card not sure model. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By mdhennessy in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM
-
By Sk8erG4388 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM
-
By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
-
By Carey in forum Networking
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:56 PM
-
By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66