Flushed with the delight of having got a Linux machine to share its hard drives with my network (after about 18 months of trying, off and on) I didn't notice at first that one drive was not appearing in the Windows machines' links to the Linux box.

I have three hard drives on this machine, one of them partitioned into two, hence hda1, hdb1, hdb2, and hdc5. I don't know why the machine decided to call drive C hdc5, but no matter.

The Knoppix 3.8.x system and all the operating stuff is installed on hdb2, which uses the Reiserfs file system (or so it reports). hdb2 will not allow access from the network - the other drives will. The very existence of hdb2 is hidden from the network.

The only difference I can see, at first glance, is that Konqueror shows the other drives as "/mnt/<drivename>", whereas hdb2 is just "/"

Any suggestions, anyone? There's a lot of stuff on hdb2 that I'd like to be able to access from the network. The relevant folders on hdb2 are set to share.