-
Senior Member
registered user
[SCRIPT] Kazaa Lite Installer (Wine)
I managed to get Kazaa lite to run on my system, simply by following the instructions from http://www.jbisbee.com/files/kazaa_howto.txt

Now, I have started to write a script to automate this
However, this crashes Wine when starting Kazaa. What am I doing wrong? As I said, everything works when I install it manually following the instructions from the link above.
-
Junior Member
registered user
The only thing i can think of, is this:
Code:
# edit wine config
cat >> ~/.wine/config <<EOF
[Version]
"Windows" = "win98"
[AppDefaults\\Kazaa.exe\\DllOverrides]
"*" = "builtin, native, so"
"commctrl" = "native"
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"shdoclc" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"comdlg32" = "native"
EOF
this piece of the script gets excecuted every time you run it and it doesn't look at what's allready in the config file.
I think that config file is messed up and causes wine to crash
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Wirf
this piece of the script gets excecuted every time you run it
You run the script only once to install the thing. After you have installed it, you dont't have to run the script again, you should then be able to use the Kazaa desktop icon. (As I said, when I do everything by hand as in the instructions, Kazaa runs fine!)
-
How does this work?
Are you guys remastering the image? Or do you install on the HD? Are you simply running persistent homes? How do you install new software under Knoppix, execially kazaa.
thanks
Cy
-
Senior Member
registered user
I run this from CD, with USB stick
-
Senior Member
registered user
You might try this site: http://frankscorner.org/
It's a veritable treasure trove of help with wine. There is a forum as well. There is a link on the front page that gives some advice on how to get kazaa working under wine.
-
I followed the instruction but I got this errors message when I run the wine:
.......
.......
Font metrics: 98.8% done
Font metrics: 98.9% done
Font metrics: 99.0% done
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
Value in failed request: 0x2000eac
Serial number of failed request: 11428
Current serial number in output stream: 11429
Wine failed with return code 1
Does anyone could know what the problem?
Thank you
-
well I just came across this forum by search with google for kazaa to work with wine when I read your message and as I faced not long time ago the same problem and asked the same question (except it was the knoppix french forum..sometimes it can be informative!!) I got a post few minutes after and I cannot tell you how much happy i was when i discovered it was working so great after this little trick!
All you've got to do is to copy from your windows font directory all items to your fake windows font directory and run wine once again.
Don't ask me why as I got gobsmacked why a hell version 3.1 on my hdd was working well while in fact 3.2 needs those fonts nevertheless that's all you've got to do.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry I didn't see this before, but szp is right. I had the font problem happen before with an app that run under WINE. I discovered on my own that copying Windows fonts into .wine/fake_windows/Windows/Fonts/ solves the problem. This must be a recent bug, because the app used to work fine.
-
I succeeded using the new instructions at frankscorner for installing kazaa lite 2.4.2. The installed program finds and downloads files; I use xmms to play them back.
I'm running Knoppix from the cd with a usb memory stick.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 11:10 AM
-
By devellino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 12:32 AM
-
By super2man in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 01:23 AM
-
By BionicToothpick in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00