Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 problem with home= ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.9 problem with home= ?

    Hello,

    I can't mount my home directory image anymore from hd by parameter home=scan , home=/dev/hdb6 or home=/mnt/hdb6/knoppix.img. Maybe a general problem with Knoppix 3.9 ?

    The same parameters work fine with Knoppix 3.7 CD at the same PC.

    There is no message about this parameter during boot, but the parameter exists on DVD cheatcode list file (PC Welt 7/2005).


    Thanks for help

    Uwe

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    Hello,

    I found the script /usr/sbin/knoppix-image and wrote a little knoppix.sh script with:

    mount -w /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6
    /usr/sbin/knoppix-image /mnt/hdb6/knoppix.img

    Now it works with the cheatcode myconfig=scan.

    I don't know where this script should be started regulary and why it doesn't work with home=scan in this version.

    cu
    Uwe

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA USA
    Posts
    2
    I seem to be having the same problem. After multiple attempts, I can only get myconf=/mnt/ubb2/ to work, home=/mnt/ubb2/knoppix.img doesn't work. I don't know where the scripts are that actually perform the home= scanning process, but perhaps it was an oversight for this release? I'm especially interested in the encryption feature, since I lost my last USB stick (a physically tiny PQI I-Stick)...

    Other than this, I've got 3.9 running on my new Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 1GB USB stick, and love it!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NightMonkey
    I seem to be having the same problem. After multiple attempts, I can only get myconf=/mnt/ubb2/ to work, home=/mnt/ubb2/knoppix.img doesn't work. I don't know where the scripts are that actually perform the home= scanning process, but perhaps it was an oversight for this release? I'm especially interested in the encryption feature, since I lost my last USB stick (a physically tiny PQI I-Stick)...

    Other than this, I've got 3.9 running on my new Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 1GB USB stick, and love it!
    Anyone have any word if this is on the fix list for 4.0 (or any 3.X bugfix releases)?

Similar Threads

  1. $HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
    By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
  2. Knoppix 5.0.1 CD / home= cheat code problem
    By marx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 08:41 AM
  3. Persistent Home with PMI problem
    By Serow225 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:36 AM
  4. Persistant Home problem
    By monkeyman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:12 PM
  5. Problem with a Persistent KNOPPIX home directory
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health picture

OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health

$1212.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00