Try all of this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
Hello,
i got my pc hange at the " Autodetecting and confeguring my hardware Proccess "
i have a celeron 1.7 Gb - 650 M SDRam - Ati 9200 - Sound Card Creative
is there's somthing i can do to get it start
Thanx
Egyfreaker
Try all of this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
I have the same problem. I am currently running Knoppix 3.6 using 2.4 Kernel. I tried booting to Knoppix 3.9 and will not boot.
Ive tried console only, acpi=off acpi = force ive tried failsafe and other commands including nohwsetup Z(I think that is right. ) But no can do.
Im stuffed to know why 2.4 works but not 2.6 kernel. I am running a P4 2.4 GHz with 256 MB RAM 2 x 80 GB HDD and 1 4 GD HDD (which has now been taken out of the loop. ) NVidia Video Card GEForce4 440 with 128 MB RAM and On board Video / Network / Sound.
Any Help please?
To start with, boot with boot: failsafe debug -b 1. At what stage does booting no longer work?Originally Posted by tdjokic
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Wil post back as soon as I have had a chance to test thatthanks
ok system failed to boot on the fourth stage. It showed the processor, skipping hardware dectection of certain devices and then ran autoconfiguration scan.
that went throught hit done and new line
it just hung right there.
thats was it, i could only reboot the system at the reset switch.
Once you leave stage 3, the kernel starts the init process, which then starts /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. One thing you could do is edit that file during stage 3 and add a 'set -x' at the beginning, after the '#!/bin/bash'. For example:Originally Posted by Gazza1313
This will allow you to pinpoint where in the autoconfig script Knoppix is dying.Code:root@tty1[/]# head /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig #!/bin/bash set -x # /KNOPPIX/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig # Basic system configuration and hardware setup # (C) Klaus Knopper <[email protected]> 2005 PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin" export PATH umask 022
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Originally Posted by rwcitek
hwsetup -p -a -s
Last command that is run before the system hangs.
OK. Now try boot: failsafe nohwsetup 1Originally Posted by Gazza1313
This will boot Knoppix without running the hwsetup program. You should get to a bash root shell. Do you?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
I am pretty much a NOOB when it comes to KNOPPIX. I have use linux before but that was years ago. I want to make a boot floppy but I can't seem to find any CURRENT information on how to make it. I have went to D:\knoppix and looked for boot.img. I tried mkbootfloppy.sh and it says it can't find /dev/cdrom even though I am booted in to KNOPPIX.
I have fiddled with this for about 3 hours now and searched until my fingers are about to fall off.
I want the boot floppy because the machine I am trying to put it on doesn't boot from CD's or at least when I put the Knoppix CD in the drive is just restarts the machine. The CD works fine on this machine.
Any help would great.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00