Knoppix didn't detect my soundcard but it did see and configured usb, firewire (both through hotplug), and pcmcia. I have none installed.
I got it to work by using the cheatcodes nousb nofirewire nopcmcia at the ISOLINUX bootpromt (actually only nousb was necessary).
To determine wether or not Knoppix could see the card I ran pnpdump. If it can't see it, pnpdump stops with segmentation fault.
After I knew the system could see the card I ran modconf and installed the driver.
That's it. Hope someone finds it useful.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99