Iam making this from knoppix(my hdinstall)
I used wvdial and edited the wvdial.conf .
Now Iam connected to the internet.
Extra details: I have a fone which has a inbuilt modem (modem type=std 33600bps modem)
No linux drivers given by those guys, and they say only windows is supported. But I know Knoppix
is capable of connecting with the same fone.
I have config'ed tata fone (walky) for internet, and while dialing
I get this message in the log file for debug window.
Tell me where I have gone wrong.Code:======================================== O NO CARRIER K ATM1L1 OK ATX3 OK ATDT*777# ========================================
I get to see NO CARRIER at the dialing utility before this stage it was initializing modem
The above was config'ed in kppp. I did not try wvdial yet.
Iam waiting for more suggestions before trying it.
Iam making this from knoppix(my hdinstall)
I used wvdial and edited the wvdial.conf .
Now Iam connected to the internet.
Phone with modem? And how is it connect to the PC? With serial cable?
Yeah , com1. Serial port.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56