Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB drive no longer detected.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    USB drive no longer detected.

    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: USB drive no longer detected.

    Quote Originally Posted by jynxdaddy
    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw
    Im confused by the question and the forum you selected tp post it into. If you are running from the disc then we can safely assume that the CD did not change. But you chose to post this in the hdd install forum. If we are to conclude that we are really talking about an "installed" Knoppix, then why you mention the disc above is confusing. However, something suddenly stopping to work would be less of a strange event.

    On the chance that you are talking about Knoppix run as intended from CD then the only thing I can see that would be likely to have changed to cause this problem is a BIOS setting. Perhaps some sort of USB or legacy support BIOS setting? But why are we in this forum then?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    In hast I understood 'hdd install' as installing hdds in knoppix :} Could you move this to the right forum please?

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive no longer shows on desktop
    By Kirk-out in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
  2. Hard Drive no longer mounts
    By wfran123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  3. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 10:11 PM
  4. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
  5. floppy drive not detected
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box picture

Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box

$139.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS picture

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS

$24.99



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit picture

Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit

$49.99



Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply

$169.99



Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ picture

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ

$129.00



Commodore 64 C-64 Logo Programming + Logo Utilities Floppy Disc picture

Commodore 64 C-64 Logo Programming + Logo Utilities Floppy Disc

$12.15



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$260.98



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99