Can I have grub boot loader read the boot file from a windows partition?
Thanks,
Charles
Can I have grub boot loader read the boot file from a windows partition?
Thanks,
Charles
Is there a special reason for that or you think of a standard dual boot? Any way, here is what you need to put in your /boot/grub/menu.lst in case of standard dual boot:
title Windows 95/98/NT/2000
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
Actually, I had knoppix loaded to the HD, which is partitioned to Knoppix and windows. But, now I want to remove the Knoppix partition.
Do you know if I can just move the grub.conf to the windows partition and delete the knoppix partition. Would grub still be able to load/ boot windows? Thanks.

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$239.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00