-
I unfortunatly get error messages when I try that - when it tries to run emu10k1.o I get "init_module: no such device". Then insmod fails, and it suggests I look through the output from dmesg and that the failure is due to a IO or a IRQ error. I believe that the relavant bit of the output from dmesg is:
Partition check:
hda: hda1
hdd:<3>ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
ldm_validate_partition_table(): Disk read failed.
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
unable to read partition table
....
NTFS driver v1.1.22 [Flags: R/W MODULE]
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
...
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
hdd : bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
FAT: unable to read boot sector
EFS: 1.0a - http://aeschi.ch.eu.org/efs/
hdd : bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
EFS: cannot read volume header
hdd : bad access: block=0, count=8
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
hdd : bad access: block=1, count=7
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 1
hdd : bad access: block=2, count=6
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 2
hdd : bad access: block=3, count=5
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 3
hdd : bad access: block=4, count=4
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 4
hdd : bad access: block=5, count=3
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 5
hdd : bad access: block=6, count=2
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 6
hdd : bad access: block=7, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 7
hdd : bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
FAT: unable to read boot sector
hdd : bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 16:40 (hdd), sector 0
hda1 is a NTFS Windows XP Pro disk. I might be missing something obvious, but I don't see why this should make a difference - I have a permanent home set up on a ZIP disk and so there shouldn't be any reason at all to try and go to hda1, should there? I appreciate any help 
EDIT: Sorry, there was a bit more in the file that was relavant. Added. Also, the emu10k1 driver appears to be loaded already 
Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.20, 15:49:50 Mar 26 2003
spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.20, 15:49:50 Mar 26 2003
...
Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.20, 15:49:50 Mar 26 2003
Creative EMU10K1 PCI Audio Driver, version 0.20, 15:49:50 Mar 26 2003
If it's easier, I'll just upload the relavant files.
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
-
By maul in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
-
By sub_netter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ULTRA RARE Apple Serial NB Card - Apple Macintosh II NuBUS Hydra Cable Vintage
$700.00

Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00

IBM V.90 56K PCI Data Fax Modem 33L4619 33L4582 Lucent Vintage PC Card
$29.99

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Vintage Digitizer Tablet Accessories Lot 16 Button Puck & Stylus P/N 01-0339
$140.00

Vintage Microtech Europa 40 External SCSI Hard Drive (For Parts/Untested)
$59.95

Vintage IMSAI Dual 8” Floppy Disk Drive PerSci 277 Powers On Rare
$1599.00

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95