Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I saved configuration file in wrong place

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Metro Kansas City
    Posts
    9

    I saved configuration file in wrong place

    I saved the configuration file in the wrong place -- in the hard drive that is ntfs. I want to get rid of that error, but I don't know how to delete it. I can find it, either in Konquerer or while at root, but I don't know how to delete it. By "it" I mean the two files, the first being knoppix.sh

    When I boot into Windows (XP) and look for it, it is invisible.

    I am using live CD, ver. 3.9

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: I saved configuration file in wrong place

    Quote Originally Posted by oddgeezer
    I saved the configuration file in the wrong place -- in the hard drive that is ntfs. I want to get rid of that error, but I don't know how to delete it. I can find it, either in Konquerer or while at root, but I don't know how to delete it. By "it" I mean the two files, the first being knoppix.sh

    When I boot into Windows (XP) and look for it, it is invisible.

    I am using live CD, ver. 3.9
    I don't know how you managed to write to an NTFS partition with Knoppix, but the best advice ou can be given is, if the file is really out there at all, don't even try to delete it with Knoppix. Any Knoppix write to NTFS can corrupt and destroy an NTFS partition. If you managed to survive the first write then don't push your luck. Leave the files alone, they are apparently not causing you any problems, particularly if you can't even find them. I would also at this point make good backups of anything important on the NTFS partition that you didn't already have backed up, as if you really did write to the NTFS partition (I'm not convinced you did) then there may be corruption just waiting to cause you problems.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Metro Kansas City
    Posts
    9

    Re: I saved configuration file in wrong place

    Quote Originally Posted by oddgeezer
    I saved the configuration file in the wrong place -- in the hard drive that is ntfs. I want to get rid of that error, but I don't know how to delete it. I can find it, either in Konquerer or while at root, but I don't know how to delete it. By "it" I mean the two files, the first being knoppix.sh

    When I boot into Windows (XP) and look for it, it is invisible.

    I am using live CD, ver. 3.9
    I worked on this problem for a couple of days, off and on, and I know more about it now. If anyone needs more info, just PM me.

    Oddgeezer

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix looking in the wrong place for cd...
    By patsphone2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
  2. Clock Shows Wrong Time on reloaded saved configuration
    By ICPUG in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:20 PM
  3. Maybe I looked in the wrong place but....
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 05:25 PM
  5. sndconfig looking in the wrong place?
    By fingers99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder picture

Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder

$499.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks

$69.99



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99