Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB drive no longer detected.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    USB drive no longer detected.

    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: USB drive no longer detected.

    Quote Originally Posted by jynxdaddy
    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw
    Im confused by the question and the forum you selected tp post it into. If you are running from the disc then we can safely assume that the CD did not change. But you chose to post this in the hdd install forum. If we are to conclude that we are really talking about an "installed" Knoppix, then why you mention the disc above is confusing. However, something suddenly stopping to work would be less of a strange event.

    On the chance that you are talking about Knoppix run as intended from CD then the only thing I can see that would be likely to have changed to cause this problem is a BIOS setting. Perhaps some sort of USB or legacy support BIOS setting? But why are we in this forum then?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    In hast I understood 'hdd install' as installing hdds in knoppix :} Could you move this to the right forum please?

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive no longer shows on desktop
    By Kirk-out in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
  2. Hard Drive no longer mounts
    By wfran123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  3. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 10:11 PM
  4. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
  5. floppy drive not detected
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$380.00



DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS picture

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS

$99.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor

$360.00



AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED

$300.00



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB        picture

Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB

$200.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00