Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB drive no longer detected.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    USB drive no longer detected.

    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: USB drive no longer detected.

    Quote Originally Posted by jynxdaddy
    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw
    Im confused by the question and the forum you selected tp post it into. If you are running from the disc then we can safely assume that the CD did not change. But you chose to post this in the hdd install forum. If we are to conclude that we are really talking about an "installed" Knoppix, then why you mention the disc above is confusing. However, something suddenly stopping to work would be less of a strange event.

    On the chance that you are talking about Knoppix run as intended from CD then the only thing I can see that would be likely to have changed to cause this problem is a BIOS setting. Perhaps some sort of USB or legacy support BIOS setting? But why are we in this forum then?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    In hast I understood 'hdd install' as installing hdds in knoppix :} Could you move this to the right forum please?

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive no longer shows on desktop
    By Kirk-out in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
  2. Hard Drive no longer mounts
    By wfran123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  3. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 10:11 PM
  4. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
  5. floppy drive not detected
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00



Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA -  OEM Stand - BN96-51632B picture

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B

$125.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin 15-102217-01 picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P ECC Registered RDIMM 288-Pin 15-102217-01

$239.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



USED  Silver White Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8

USED Silver White Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Kids Edition 32GB TABLET - SM-T290

$39.99



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77