Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB drive no longer detected.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    USB drive no longer detected.

    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: USB drive no longer detected.

    Quote Originally Posted by jynxdaddy
    Using an old Knoppix disc I have, I am now unable to see any USB flash drives, even though a few months ago - on the same computer and with the same usb drive and knoppix cd, I could.

    Its not there when I open qtparted. I have no idea whats changed to cause this.

    help?

    Knoppix 3.3 btw
    Im confused by the question and the forum you selected tp post it into. If you are running from the disc then we can safely assume that the CD did not change. But you chose to post this in the hdd install forum. If we are to conclude that we are really talking about an "installed" Knoppix, then why you mention the disc above is confusing. However, something suddenly stopping to work would be less of a strange event.

    On the chance that you are talking about Knoppix run as intended from CD then the only thing I can see that would be likely to have changed to cause this problem is a BIOS setting. Perhaps some sort of USB or legacy support BIOS setting? But why are we in this forum then?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    In hast I understood 'hdd install' as installing hdds in knoppix :} Could you move this to the right forum please?

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive no longer shows on desktop
    By Kirk-out in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
  2. Hard Drive no longer mounts
    By wfran123 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  3. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 10:11 PM
  4. Hard Drive Not Detected
    By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
  5. floppy drive not detected
    By computerman0216 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard Z390 LGA1151 DDR4 64G HDMI M-ATX  picture

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard Z390 LGA1151 DDR4 64G HDMI M-ATX

$90.00



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99