-
Junior Member
registered user
Remaster without chroot ?
Hi,
I usually use the Knoppix Remastering Howto to do all my changes I want to do. I Have a Suse system and can chroot into my Knoppix. But the summer is comming and I want to take my work with me on my windows laptop. So I decided to make a few more partitions beside my windows xp. I finally have partitioned my hard drive this way:
1 - boot ext2 50 mb
2 - windows ntfs 21 gb
3 - share fat32 1 gb
4 - swap swap 500mb
5 - linux ext2 5 gb
Now I have started my custom Knoppix CD from the CD-Rom drive as described and did the Hd Install HowTo with the Script of Fabian Franz. The Grub bootloader worked for me and I was able to boot up my custom knoppix. Now I am looking for a good HowTo or script that cleans out all the daily work stuff (browser-cache, knoppix-cache etc.) so that I can create a ISO from my knoppix and put that into the share partition. I also want to keep the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so that I can boot up to where I have stopped.
Can anybody help me out with this or does anybody of you has done the same ?
CU
Christian
Similar Threads
-
By davidx7773 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
-
By ashmita in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By bilkusg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 12:02 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00