Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Knoppix 4.0

  1. #31
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    Note in the screenshots that cloop has been upgraded to 4.0 GB and a second cloop added? This accounts for the ability to load to 4.0 GB. If you can't decompress 4GB file with cloop because cloop is too small (say normal CD size 2GB) would make sense.

    I have tried bittorrent via the links and have received error messages on each attempt, one occurred after 1GB download saying I had two instances of the file.

    I have bittorrent 4.2.1-2 installed.

    Cannot download without errors.

  2. #32
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The discussion about problems downloading has been split into a new post and moved out of News and into the MS users... forum.

  3. #33

  4. #34
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    What kernel is included in the DVD 4.0?

    EDIT: Kernel 2.6.11

  5. #35
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    I would be more concerned that all of the old official ISOs vanish from the mirrors than I would be that some unofficial torrent be archived on a server forever. Rather than expend the server space to permanently archive and make available this unofficial release, I would be happy to see a server that still offered the CD versions back to 3.1 and maybe before that.
    This is my hope too

  6. #36
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Knoppix 4.0? Maybe.

    <<Unfortunately, I don't think I am. See my post in the Lounge forum.>>

    I don't think I am either. I'm using the 3.7 version (the last to use the 2.4x kernel) because my system seems to like it better than the 2.6 version.

    Even if I got a new system, I would look at the CD version of Knoppix 4.0 first instead of the DVD.

    And if I get a new laptop, which I've been thinking about, I'd get a 64 bit Turion laptop and try 64 bit Kanotix on it.

    Anyway, I don't think I need the DVD 4.0 version, especially if Klaus has made extra room on the CD by removing all the "developer" stuff to the DVD version, hopfully leaving more room for a few more well chosen end user applications.

    That brings up another point. Though I think Knoppix does have a lot of well chosen applications, there is a lot of redundancy on the distro. I mean how many editors do we need? I'm not complaining though. Knoppix is pretty complete even as a CD version.

    sakiZ

  7. #37

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3

    When will we get English version?

    I've waited for long time!

  9. #39
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re: When will we get English version?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW
    I've waited for long time!
    ?

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    MD5 Checksum

    Hi people,

    i tried to download the knopix 4.0 dvd via bittorrent, it does not work, my torrent-client = azureus, interrupts the download.
    could anybody please give a md5sum to check the download?

    Thx Chiefdome

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00 picture

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00

$150.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1775.56



HP Pavilion 15z-ec200 15.6

HP Pavilion 15z-ec200 15.6" Ryzen 7 5800H 16GB 1TB SSD GTX 1650 W11

$280.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$302.99