The discussion about problems downloading has been split into a new post and moved out of News and into the MS users... forum.
Note in the screenshots that cloop has been upgraded to 4.0 GB and a second cloop added? This accounts for the ability to load to 4.0 GB. If you can't decompress 4GB file with cloop because cloop is too small (say normal CD size 2GB) would make sense.
I have tried bittorrent via the links and have received error messages on each attempt, one occurred after 1GB download saying I had two instances of the file.
I have bittorrent 4.2.1-2 installed.
Cannot download without errors.
The discussion about problems downloading has been split into a new post and moved out of News and into the MS users... forum.
What kernel is included in the DVD 4.0?
EDIT: Kernel 2.6.11
This is my hope tooOriginally Posted by Harry Kuhman
![]()
<<Unfortunately, I don't think I am. See my post in the Lounge forum.>>
I don't think I am either. I'm using the 3.7 version (the last to use the 2.4x kernel) because my system seems to like it better than the 2.6 version.
Even if I got a new system, I would look at the CD version of Knoppix 4.0 first instead of the DVD.
And if I get a new laptop, which I've been thinking about, I'd get a 64 bit Turion laptop and try 64 bit Kanotix on it.
Anyway, I don't think I need the DVD 4.0 version, especially if Klaus has made extra room on the CD by removing all the "developer" stuff to the DVD version, hopfully leaving more room for a few more well chosen end user applications.
That brings up another point. Though I think Knoppix does have a lot of well chosen applications, there is a lot of redundancy on the distro. I mean how many editors do we need? I'm not complaining though. Knoppix is pretty complete even as a CD version.
sakiZ
I've waited for long time!
?Originally Posted by PeterW
Hi people,
i tried to download the knopix 4.0 dvd via bittorrent, it does not work, my torrent-client = azureus, interrupts the download.
could anybody please give a md5sum to check the download?
Thx Chiefdome

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.00
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99