if you want, u can edit the message for f2 and f3 in the /isolinux folder
just copy and paste and make your own message for the knoppix boot up screen no hexedit or complex procedures required
Yes they are still in German. The F2 & F3 screens are just a simplified version of the following text file /Root-of-DVD/KNOPPIX/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt (also found at any Knoppix download mirror like http://debian.ams.sunysb.edu/knoppix...cheatcodes.txt) which is entirely written in English. So it is not necessary to edit or translate the F2/F3 portions of the ISO.Originally Posted by schock
I hope this helps.
James
if you want, u can edit the message for f2 and f3 in the /isolinux folder
just copy and paste and make your own message for the knoppix boot up screen no hexedit or complex procedures required
Please explain how you intend to do this. In most cases a ISO is essentially a read-only medium. I can skirt around that by flipping bits (hexediting) the ISO. As far as I know, I can not simply copy & paste into new f2 & f3 files without creating a new ISO image or modifying the underlying ISO9660 filesystem.Originally Posted by justin_c
Final Update.
I've done another re-install. The problem was the size of the dist. 6 gig (5.5 gig for \ 0.5 for swap) caused the failure. Re-installing with a bigger partition allowed the process to continue correctly.
[quote="anton_spaz"]Originally Posted by anton_spaz
easy
follow remastering steps
ill explain this under windows (for the end-user)
use a program like isobuster, extract boot image (which should be isolinux.bin enclosed in the very first cylinders of the cd/iso)
extract everything
edit f2 f3 files
use a program like ultraiso and recompile them together, or under cygwin use mkisofs (follow exactly the steps explained in the remastering guide)
(recompile with isolinux in boot sector of cd)
burn iso
done
or even easier, use a program that can open the iso and edit it from there and save recompile
I am not shooting down your ideas to be annoying but I was just wonder if it could be done with either an existing Knoppix disc or with 100% Free tools. I know about remastering seeing as how I wrote a HOWTO on it. Not everyone knows about remastering or wants to remaster. Also not everyone runs windows either and of those that do, cygwin (a really awesome collection of utilities & GNU tools) may be too confusing for them. I have yet to try mkisofs on cygwin since I usually use windows to play games or run ssh to connect to a *nix box. For those just getting into Knoppix/Linux, remastering or reconstructing the ISO is probably too much too soon.Originally Posted by justin_c
Does such a program exist on *nix? To my knowledge, it does not exist.Originally Posted by justin_c
To my knowledge, it doesn't exist either (although you know more than I do). I was wondering why not myself, since you can use a program like WinISO to add and delete files from ISO images, without extracting them, and then save the result. In Linux, you can mount an ISO 9660 image, but it's read-only.Originally Posted by UnderScore
Anyway, it's pretty easy to extract the Knoppix CD/DVD, make your changes, and save the results to a new ISO image if you know the "magic incantations" of mkisofs, which are in the Wiki (use the mkisofs command for Knoppix 3.4), especially if you're not making any changes to the cloop files.
Knoppix 4.0 from LinuxTag set up to boot in US English and with QEMU 0.7.0 so it will autorun under Microsoft Windows as well...
Get it here: http://www.open-bits.org/details.php?id=2024&hit=1
Just curious why is nobody using something like bearshare or Emule to distribute the DVD what uses English as the default or the other version as well?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
$170.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
$140.00