Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Knoppix 4.0

  1. #71
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    DVD 4.0 still fails to customize isolinux.cfg after upgrade to k3b 0.12-2.

    Report in customizing and re-mastering forum.

  2. #72
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus
    Did you install all the deps?
    Yes. Got a bunch of compiler errors when running "make" with v0.8.2. Thanks for the link to the deb, I'll try it.

  3. #73
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    20

    4.0 DE DVD at Linux Central

    If you have trouble downloading 4.0, Linux Central is selling the German version for $10 + shipping . If you order it, remember that the = on the German keyboard is Shift + 0

  4. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    I finished downloading EN version but I am not sure about integrity, can someone tell me if this md5sum is correct:

    018231ADECDB380BF668BF17E8063FC6 KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN-qemu-0-7-0.iso

    Also what is the meaning of qemu-0-7-0 in release title?

  5. #75
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwaad
    I finished downloading EN version but I am not sure about integrity, can someone tell me if this md5sum is correct:

    018231ADECDB380BF668BF17E8063FC6 KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN-qemu-0-7-0.iso

    Also what is the meaning of qemu-0-7-0 in release title?
    Best ask someone about the md5sum at http://www.linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=411
    More info on qemu + knoppix + windows http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...10216&from=rss

  6. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    Can't someone just make: md5sum filename ??

  7. #77
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwaad
    Can't someone just make: md5sum filename ??
    Perhaps or perhaps not. MD5 checksum is a way of fingerprinting files. Just like a real fingerprint identifies a single person, a MD5 checksum is unique and matches exactly one file. Do you know that the English plus qemu version is different ISO file as compared to the original 4.0 DVD ISO? I have not downloaded the English+qemu version & if I make a md5sum off of the original, it will only be appropriate for the original. Only those people who have downloaded the english+qemu version will be able to make the md5sum that you need. The guy who makes this english+qemu version is chris-uk and that link I post is his site. You can contact him or you can wait for some kind person to make a md5sum of the english version for you.

  8. #78
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    .... The guy who makes this english+qemu version is chris-uk and that link I post is his site. You can contact him or you can wait for some kind person to make a md5sum of the english version for you.
    Of course, if someone else makes one and his and your md5 sums don't match, it really doesn't tell you which of you have the bad copy. Unless you expect to get md5 sums from several people it would be best to get one from chris-uk. The good news is that unlike the mirrors that have a bad track record of delivering corrupt files, BitTorrent has it's own checksums built in and checking the md5 sum, while still a nice step, isn't really needed.

  9. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3
    It is a good practice to provide md5 or sha sums along with important files, like images of OS for example. I dont know why he didnt do that. Anyway I was asking because I had some issues with network and wasnt sure if all went ok regarding download, but torrent managed to finish so I guess its all ok.

  10. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    4
    Are there any website that provide HTTP download for knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO ?
    I tried to find it at http://knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
    but no one provide knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO. Where should I download it ? [/url]

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard picture

MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi LGA 1200 mATX Intel DDR4 Motherboard

$175.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00