Yes. Got a bunch of compiler errors when running "make" with v0.8.2. Thanks for the link to the deb, I'll try it.Originally Posted by Markus
DVD 4.0 still fails to customize isolinux.cfg after upgrade to k3b 0.12-2.
Report in customizing and re-mastering forum.
Yes. Got a bunch of compiler errors when running "make" with v0.8.2. Thanks for the link to the deb, I'll try it.Originally Posted by Markus
If you have trouble downloading 4.0, Linux Central is selling the German version for $10 + shipping . If you order it, remember that the = on the German keyboard is Shift + 0
![]()
I finished downloading EN version but I am not sure about integrity, can someone tell me if this md5sum is correct:
018231ADECDB380BF668BF17E8063FC6 KNOPPIX_V4.0-2005-06-08-LINUXTAG2005-DVD-EN-qemu-0-7-0.iso
Also what is the meaning of qemu-0-7-0 in release title?
Best ask someone about the md5sum at http://www.linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=411Originally Posted by meatwaad
More info on qemu + knoppix + windows http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...10216&from=rss
Can't someone just make: md5sum filename ??
Perhaps or perhaps not. MD5 checksum is a way of fingerprinting files. Just like a real fingerprint identifies a single person, a MD5 checksum is unique and matches exactly one file. Do you know that the English plus qemu version is different ISO file as compared to the original 4.0 DVD ISO? I have not downloaded the English+qemu version & if I make a md5sum off of the original, it will only be appropriate for the original. Only those people who have downloaded the english+qemu version will be able to make the md5sum that you need. The guy who makes this english+qemu version is chris-uk and that link I post is his site. You can contact him or you can wait for some kind person to make a md5sum of the english version for you.Originally Posted by meatwaad
Of course, if someone else makes one and his and your md5 sums don't match, it really doesn't tell you which of you have the bad copy. Unless you expect to get md5 sums from several people it would be best to get one from chris-uk. The good news is that unlike the mirrors that have a bad track record of delivering corrupt files, BitTorrent has it's own checksums built in and checking the md5 sum, while still a nice step, isn't really needed.Originally Posted by UnderScore
It is a good practice to provide md5 or sha sums along with important files, like images of OS for example. I dont know why he didnt do that. Anyway I was asking because I had some issues with network and wasnt sure if all went ok regarding download, but torrent managed to finish so I guess its all ok.
Are there any website that provide HTTP download for knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO ?![]()
I tried to find it at http://knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
but no one provide knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO. Where should I download it ? [/url]

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99