Is it NTFS and is it encrypted? The only time that Knoppix has difficulty reading from a drive is when it there is a filesystem corruption, or the physical disk is dying, or if it is encrypted.
Hello,
Chkdisk is saysing that my sectors are unreadable. When I boot with knoppix i can read some of teh data on the drive. The problem is that what I need is teh inetpub folder from my c:. Knoppix sees that as a file not a folder. Am I waisting my time with this? Or can I recover this folder? I am very knew to knoppix
Is it NTFS and is it encrypted? The only time that Knoppix has difficulty reading from a drive is when it there is a filesystem corruption, or the physical disk is dying, or if it is encrypted.
I think the drive is dying. It is so slow when i slave it on another computer.
You may want to explore conventional HD recovery options as opposed to using a OS & programs that are unfamiliar to you. Knoppix is great for dying systems but working HDs. I lost a HD three weeks ago that would not even be detected by any system's BIOS. It wouls actually halt the system from completeing the BIOS tesing. At that point I gave up.
How critical is it to you? Use google & read about recovery methods you can do at home. Some odd ones include sealing the drive in an anti-static bag & then freezing it in a freezer. Those who have done it claim to have gotten the drive to work long enough to get the data off. I tried it with my dead drive & it didn't hurt or help.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99