Don't know the first thing about a Hawking print server but did you perhaps connect your printer directly to your Linux box and see if it will work that way before trying to use the print server?
I haven't been able to get my network printer working. It's an HP DeskJet 970Cse connected to a Hawking PN7127P print server. I've tried all the options in the configure printers wizard but haven't been able to get anythin on the printer. This whole hardware setup works fine under Windows XP so I know it's not the hardware.
Any suggestions on how to get this working?
Don't know the first thing about a Hawking print server but did you perhaps connect your printer directly to your Linux box and see if it will work that way before trying to use the print server?
The printer was originally directly connected to my PC and it worked fine from my PC and the other PC on my small network. Both PCs are running Windows (mine is XP and the 9. I got the printer server so my PC wouldn't have to be on all the time. So I know that the printer and cabling work and work with this PC. When I boot my XP PC with Knoppix, however, and try to print I can see (via the lights on my router and the printer server) that something gets to the server but nothing gets sent to the printer.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55