Try booting with: knoppix alsa=intel8x0 or whatever you have. Sometimes the chipset isn't correctly detected.
Hi,
Whenever I boot with: "knoppix alsa" , the bootup scripts displays that the sounddriver is ALSA, but does not load the driver itself. Manualy loading the driver gives a working sound system. I have obeserved this on multiple systems with different hardware. Am I giving the wrong boot options? Will this be solved in knoppix 4.0? I am using knoppix V3.9.
gr.
Robert
Try booting with: knoppix alsa=intel8x0 or whatever you have. Sometimes the chipset isn't correctly detected.
Thanks, I will do that. The strange thing is, it all worked well under knoppix 3.7. We use knoppix on multiple machines and different hardware. One of the reasons for this, is that we don't want to know which hardware we have. I had a look in the pci hardware list, but the cards are correctly in the list. Which script does this configuration, so I can have a look?
gr.
Robert
Try having a look at /usr/sbin/alsa_init . Previously I've read that the codec can be mistaken for the chipset, so that AC97 erroneously becomes the chipset instead of intel8x0. Don't know if that's what happened with you, or if the alsa=??? cheat will work for you for that matter![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
1U Server Intel Xeon E3-1240 V5 3.5Ghz 4C 32GB RAM 2x M.2 2280 OCP RJ45 Rails
$310.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99