Do you need to have SCSI device support? If not then boot with the cheat code: knoppix noscsi
When I attempt to boot Knoppix v3.7 on one of my computers (and I don't recall this happening before), during boot it freezes after the first line of bootup info. The line reads as follows:
Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.o
I'm not all that great with figuring this out, apparently some SCSI device must have had some compatibility issue. If someone can help me resolve this as quickly as possible I'd be very happy. I need to use it so I can network my laptop to it and migrate some files (the laptop is broken, and before replacing the problem causing Hard Drive I want to migrate it to this computer and burn some backups to DVD. It is most urgent that this gets done soon.)
Thank you ahead of time for a hopeful response.
~gildedlink
Do you need to have SCSI device support? If not then boot with the cheat code: knoppix noscsi
Unfortunetly I do need scsi. I've found that my ethernet port isn't detected when I disable scsi, and in order to transfer these files I need use of the port to transfer from my laptop (after I get everything to work, I'll still have the challenge of somehow setting up a network between a v3.4 laptop and a 3.7 desktop via the ethernet cable)
If I recall correctly, Knoppix 3.7 uses the 2.4 kernel by default. You could try the 2.6 kernel by booting Knoppix with: knoppix26
I apologize in advance if I am wrong.
No, you're correct.Originally Posted by UnderScore
Well, this changed things around a bit.
When I tried booting with both settings (kernal 2.6 AND noscsi) the ADSL/PPPOE config client did pick up eth0, but kept timing out, and the browser was unable to find any hosts (I did check the cables to make sure they were secured when this happened).
When I tried booting with just the 2.6 kernal and scsi support it froze on the same line, but different text came up before it froze:
Probing SCSI...avansys.o
I wasn't sure if this was really significant, but I suppose any info I can give stands a chance of helping.
I apologize for the double post, but I just wanted to say that knoppix 4.0 has automatically worked without problems in detection, etc. I'd like to thank you both for helping me with this as much as possible.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99