Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: LEXAR CFDISK Geometry

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    LEXAR CFDISK Geometry

    Can someone tell me the FDISK parameters to return my Lexar CFDISK to its original geometry?

    I have a Lexar 128 mb cfdisk part #2175 rev A that I was working with. I managed to munge the geometry to the point where
    FDISK won't open it .... suggesting I use expert mode to set cylinders. I have no idea what the C-H-S setup was as I have
    been swapping and formatting this card between Windows XP and Knoppic 3.9 for sometime .... I think one of the numbers was 1014

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: LEXAR CFDISK Geometry

    Quote Originally Posted by GaTk
    Can someone tell me the FDISK parameters to return my Lexar CFDISK to its original geometry?
    I have a Lexar 128 mb cfdisk part #2175 rev A that I was working with. I managed to munge the geometry to the point where FDISK won't open it .... suggesting I use expert mode to set cylinders. I have no idea what the C-H-S setup was as I have been swapping and formatting this card between Windows XP and Knoppic 3.9 for sometime .... I think one of the numbers was 1014. Thanks
    I know that this is not exactly what you are asking for, but it may help.
    You can try to use HPUSBFW.EXE under XP. It will erase, recreate a partition table and format a bootable fat16 partition.
    This tool is included in the Grube\Root_Of_USB\ directory of this http://s119307663.onlinehome.us/grube.zip file.
    If you are not looking for a fat16 partition, at least you should have a working partition table recognized by fdisk...
    Hope this helps, Gilles

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    CFDISK fixed

    Your suggestion worked... it restored the disk to the point where FDISK
    opened it with what looked like a normal partition table.
    Thanks for your quick, accurate, helpful information....

Similar Threads

  1. Lexar Smartcard Reader
    By AsianGuyJTran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
  2. Lexar 256MB Jumpdrive working but need help
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 08:10 PM
  3. Can't offload to Lexar stick
    By b206 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
  4. Lexar JumpDrive [USB]
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 03:30 AM
  5. Lexar media USB multi-card reader
    By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM picture

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM

$19.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600  F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC picture

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

$145.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00