Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).
Recently I have reinstalled Knoppix in my HP Omnibook 6000 laptop. However after booting from HDD I am getting this issue:
X Windows starts fine but KDE desktop spills over out of the monitor (Some protion of the screen at bottom and right is not visible.). There is white patch of screen running horizontally across the screen (towards the top, around 2cm wide) dividing my display.
I am still running live Knoppix in my laptop where Display runs fine. Had installed Knoppix on it earlier once and Display was running fine then. Recently I had installed SuSe9.1 professional in my laptop where I got this particular problem for the first time. Then I reinstalled Knoppix and this problem is coming in this installed Knoppix/Debian too.
Can SuSe installer mess up my display which affect my Debian install too? Now I have 3 installation, Win98 where display is fine, SuSe9.1 and Debian-where this issue is coming, Live Knoppix where Display works great. Any help would be much appreciated.
Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB
$127.50
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 40F Firewall Network Security Appliance Device
$75.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Fortinet FortiGate 50G Enterprise Firewall VPN Device, MPN FG-50G
$285.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99