Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).
Recently I have reinstalled Knoppix in my HP Omnibook 6000 laptop. However after booting from HDD I am getting this issue:
X Windows starts fine but KDE desktop spills over out of the monitor (Some protion of the screen at bottom and right is not visible.). There is white patch of screen running horizontally across the screen (towards the top, around 2cm wide) dividing my display.
I am still running live Knoppix in my laptop where Display runs fine. Had installed Knoppix on it earlier once and Display was running fine then. Recently I had installed SuSe9.1 professional in my laptop where I got this particular problem for the first time. Then I reinstalled Knoppix and this problem is coming in this installed Knoppix/Debian too.
Can SuSe installer mess up my display which affect my Debian install too? Now I have 3 installation, Win98 where display is fine, SuSe9.1 and Debian-where this issue is coming, Live Knoppix where Display works great. Any help would be much appreciated.
Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC (1x16GB)
$100.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00
*Lot of 63* Samsung Micron Hynix 8GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM 1Rx4 2Rx8 Server RAM
$1337.45
*Lot of 77* Samsung Hynix Micron 2Rx4 PC3-14900R Server Memory RAM
$1017.45
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$155.00
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00