Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).
Recently I have reinstalled Knoppix in my HP Omnibook 6000 laptop. However after booting from HDD I am getting this issue:
X Windows starts fine but KDE desktop spills over out of the monitor (Some protion of the screen at bottom and right is not visible.). There is white patch of screen running horizontally across the screen (towards the top, around 2cm wide) dividing my display.
I am still running live Knoppix in my laptop where Display runs fine. Had installed Knoppix on it earlier once and Display was running fine then. Recently I had installed SuSe9.1 professional in my laptop where I got this particular problem for the first time. Then I reinstalled Knoppix and this problem is coming in this installed Knoppix/Debian too.
Can SuSe installer mess up my display which affect my Debian install too? Now I have 3 installation, Win98 where display is fine, SuSe9.1 and Debian-where this issue is coming, Live Knoppix where Display works great. Any help would be much appreciated.
Perhaps you can use the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file of your CD-Version to use in your hdd-version? You can copy this after you have mounted your hd in the CD-version (by clicking on the icon on your desktop).

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00
Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box
$159.95
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 800XL/1200XL 256k Memory Upgrade Kit
$48.00
Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).
$95.50
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75