I downloaded Knoppix 3.9 a few days ago and liked what I saw. So I decided to do a HDD install. There were a few input/output errors in the terminal while knoppix-installer was running, but the installation completed and I rebooted. The system hangs with
VFS: not syncing Kernel panic unable to mount root file system on block....
etc etc. I got the same error back when I tried to compile the kernel on my old Debian system and screwed something up. I don't know why this would happen after a fresh install though. Any ideas?

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98