-
Knoppix desk top not comming up on boot
I have installed Knoppix on my hard drive it was running great but then it came up at the command prompt and asked to login in I put in my user name and then it asks for the password. Then the command prompt comes up with the log in name an @ sign and then the user name. jrichards@jim. How do I get to the desk top. I am new to linux and have searched the forums, looked at FAQs, hack codes and asked for help at the prompt that brings up several items but none seem to fit what I need. I can list the directory and change to my home directory but can't seem to figure out how to get to the desk top.
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By qa1433 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00