-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: It can all be done in Knoppix

Originally Posted by
Rono64
Photoshop = The Gimp/Kooka
Illustrator = Sketch/Karbon14/Scribus
Indesign/Quark= Scribus
OOO! This is just the info I need. Thanx for the info on desktop publishing apps for linux!
Now I take it that you use these linux apps professionally and you like them as much or better than the commercial versions. Is that so?
Also, it seems that you have extensive experience with the commercial versions, did that make it easier or harder for you to transition to the linux apps? I guess my question really is: if I have no desktop publishing experience as yet, what kind of learning curve am I looking at to use say The Gimp/Sketch/Scribus?
So, you used to use Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator/Quark Express? Can I realistically replace these with The Gimp/Sketch/Scribus?
I hope I'm not bothering you, but here's one last question. What exactly is the function of each of these apps (Photoshop/Illustrator/Quark) and why do you need to use them in combination?
BTW, I've been studying LyX and find that it does all the typesetting and layout work that I need to do and can even output *.tex, *.ps and *.pdf files. :P
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By jr0d82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
-
By Guider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
-
By jon267 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By softgun in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:21 PM
-
By spc in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00