-
No Sound Modules in Knoppix 3.8.1
When knoppix boots, it gives me a bunch of modprobe errors (directory not found), then boots fine, with the exception of no sound.
I have been able to run alsaconfig and have the card detected (ati xp I think), but it doesn't help.
when I go to the Knoppix>sound config it says I need to have the sound module installed in the kernel.
Everything works fine on other computers I've tried it on.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.
EDIT-- Boy, I feel stupid... I had the speaker cable unplugged. Sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By muczy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 07:50 AM
-
By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:53 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear
$24.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00