Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What BitTorrent client you suggest to use?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53

    What BitTorrent client you suggest to use?

    Knoppix 4.0 DVD is comming and I don't want to take my chances downloading from mirrors a huge 2.0Gb (or whatever size would be) file.

    I'm a newbie with BitTorrents. What Windows client do you suggest to use? Please provide the link.

    I know Knoppix featured its own client, but I only have NTFS filesystems, so I need to use a Windows client.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: What BitTorrent client you suggest to use?

    Quote Originally Posted by OP4Latino
    Knoppix 4.0 DVD is comming and I don't want to take my chances downloading from mirrors a huge 2.0Gb (or whatever size would be) file.

    I'm a newbie with BitTorrents. What Windows client do you suggest to use? Please provide the link.

    I know Knoppix featured its own client, but I only have NTFS filesystems, so I need to use a Windows client.

    Thanks.
    I suggest the actual BitTorrent client. The link is www.bittorrent.com (doh). Not real hard to find. The wiki article on BitTorrent lists several clients and even suggests a different one, but it is not current and made this recomendation based on the older 3.x BitTorrent client. The Current 4.x clients seem to be a better choice that the wiki's suggestion (although everyone has their own opnion). I would suggest the 4.02 version, but know of no reason not to try the newer Beta client if you feel lucky.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I run both Debian stable & WinXP. The latest Sun Java JRE, i think 1.5r2. Then on top of the JRE, the Azureus client. I have been downloading about 80GB of distros, game demo, over the last couple of months & it has only acted bizzarre twice. The latest release at http://azureus.sf.net seems to have cleared that up too.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53

    Re: What BitTorrent client you suggest to use?

    I saw the wiki.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    it is not current and made this recomendation based on the older 3.x BitTorrent client.
    but that my reason to make my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    try the newer Beta client if you feel lucky
    naw, I'm a newbie. I'll try stable ones first.

    Thanks Harry and UnderScore

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24
    I highly recommend the one I've been using, bitcomet. It works very well and has a clean, interface that's easy to get around.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Didn't bitcomet use to come with CoolWebSearch,StartPage and a browser Hijacker? Have you tried running adaware, spybot or some such before and after installing bitcomet?

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus
    Didn't bitcomet use to come with CoolWebSearch,StartPage and a browser Hijacker? Have you tried running adaware, spybot or some such before and after installing bitcomet?
    I have ad-aware and use it all the time, so removing it after the installation was no trouble for me. I didn't see anything in the license agreement, but if it does have adware, it's already been removed from my computer

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14
    Azureus ..

    it's pretty good, but needs java

Similar Threads

  1. Bittorrent client
    By antd in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 05:48 AM
  2. Albert suggest...
    By maxIT in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 04:49 AM
  3. Suggest me a distro?
    By bashhelp in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 12:02 AM
  4. Where is the Bittorrent client?
    By Castershell in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. A better Bittorrent client
    By towjamb in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$284.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11

$284.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e Gen 6 Laptop 11.6” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e Gen 6 Laptop 11.6” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$249.99