Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sound problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7

    Sound problem

    I am totally new to linux and recently came knoppix 3.9 out - so I thought - why not? I tried it a few days and later on and I found it such a good os that I intalled it to my hd. The installation went perfect and everything was recognized by linux. I started xmms and I could hear the music play but when I dragged the volume button, it didn't do a thing it just kept playing on the same volume, so from 1% to 100% the volume kept the same, ONLY when I dragged it to 0%, there was no sound anymore >The only thing that I can do is turn the volume on or off. Same with the balance that doesn't work totally either. I can't also see the volume icon under left where I could control the volume. Can someone show me the solution for this problem and also how I can put this volume icon under left?
    Greetz Daan

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Sound problem

    Quote Originally Posted by daandaan
    I am totally new to linux and recently came knoppix 3.9 out - so I thought - why not? I tried it a few days and later on and I found it such a good os that I intalled it to my hd.
    1. I can't solve your problem for you.

    2. Does this problem exist when running from the CD also, or only after you installed it to the hard disk? If it exists when running from the CD than I would suggest that you shouldn't not have clouded the issue by talking about the hard disk install, or at least made clear that it's also a problem when you run from the CD. If it is only a problem with the hard disk "install" (like lots of things when you try to "install" Knoppix to hard disk rather than Debian), then you would be better off asking in the hard disk install forum than here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7
    The problem also exists when running from cd.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Could it be that the volumes in Kmix and/or Alsamixer are very low?

    To get Kmix, go to the Kmenu>Multimedia>Kmixer --- click on it and the loadspeaker icon appears bottom right.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7
    Well I checked it all and all the volumes were normal. I tested to put volume higer and lower but the only thing that I could do was to put it on or off using the green button. Another thing: in xmms, the equalizer doesn't work totally, so in fact I can only make music play and stop it without changing the volume or equalizing.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7
    Btw, I'm using a c-media device 5.10 audio card.

Similar Threads

  1. Sound Problem
    By NateDog in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
  2. Another sound problem
    By durty_nacho in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
  3. Problem: Sound and /dev/dsp on 3.2
    By gfrick in forum General Support
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
  4. SDL sound problem
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:21 PM
  5. Sound Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New

$399.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$689.00



Cisco Catalyst 9200 24 Series 24-Port Ethernet Network Switch C9200-24T-E V07 picture

Cisco Catalyst 9200 24 Series 24-Port Ethernet Network Switch C9200-24T-E V07

$400.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C9200-NM-4G Catalyst 9200 Series 4 Port Network Module SFP 68-101651-01 picture

Cisco C9200-NM-4G Catalyst 9200 Series 4 Port Network Module SFP 68-101651-01

$149.97



Cisco N540-ACC-SYS NCS 540 24x10G 8x25G 2x100G Chassis w/ 4x Fans No Power Suppl picture

Cisco N540-ACC-SYS NCS 540 24x10G 8x25G 2x100G Chassis w/ 4x Fans No Power Suppl

$2499.00



Cisco GSD-240G V01 picture

Cisco GSD-240G V01

$55.00



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00