Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kernel missing from HD install?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    4

    Kernel missing from HD install?

    I have installed Knoppix 3.8.1 to HD. Everything works brilliantly except for my modem, turns out this is due to an unsupported Winmodem. I have downloaded drivers and attempt to install using dpkg. I get a report 'WARNING: missing file /usr/src/linux/include/linux/autoconfigure.h" followed by a bunch of instructions. Obviously the modem won't operate so I cannot get onto the 'net in Linux to reconfigure the kernel..........

    Is the kernel source actually on the Knoppix CD (ISO image that I downloaded)?
    Have i screwed up the install somehow?
    Can someone help to sort this out or should I abandon this and get another modem?

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    I am on the same boat

    Hi Paul,

    I installed knoppix 3.8 on my linux server which runs asterisk. Recently I tried to compile a package called zaptel and I get the same error message. Same reason I am missing the src files.

    I am looking to see if anyone knows how to install them after the fact.
    Mmartinez

Similar Threads

  1. 3.7 2.4.27 kernel regeneration fails -- what am I missing
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
  2. Modprobe.conf missing after HD install in 2.6.7 kernel boot
    By sssssm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 06:23 PM
  3. Customising the kernel - who has the missing link
    By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
  4. kernel updating, is there something I'm missing?
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
  5. KErnel Upgrade = missing devices?
    By katsushiro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RARE NEW Leading Edge Model DC-2014 Keyboard Vintage PC Keystroke Sound ALPS picture

RARE NEW Leading Edge Model DC-2014 Keyboard Vintage PC Keystroke Sound ALPS

$349.95



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE picture

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE

$350.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Used Computer Motherboard Dell Dimension 2400 picture

Vintage Used Computer Motherboard Dell Dimension 2400

$80.00



Very Rare MAI Basic Four 4309 EVDT Terminal Keyboard 400433-001 Vintage 1983 picture

Very Rare MAI Basic Four 4309 EVDT Terminal Keyboard 400433-001 Vintage 1983

$349.95



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00