Have you considered asking in the forum set up for people who install Knoppix to hard disk and then have problems?Originally Posted by Keithj
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574
I have Knoppix 3.8.2 installed on my machine. I've got past the worst of the launch curve (mine and the computer's) but still the sound system boots to OSS which doesn't work fully - especially with MIDI.
I can run alsaconf, and that fixes it that time, but at next bootup it's back to OSS and I have to run alsaconf all over again.
I've googled for ways to set it to start in alsa mode, but not found any that I can understand, or that work. Is there an easy way? At the moment, I've put "alsaconf" in bootmisc.sh - that runs it OK but I still have to go through the full Q&A each time. There must be a better way.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Have you considered asking in the forum set up for people who install Knoppix to hard disk and then have problems?Originally Posted by Keithj
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574
having now found that forum, yes.
Are you using the 'alsa' bootcode? Bootcodes on a HD install are run through lilo & are contained in the 'append=' command line in /etc/lilo.conf.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99