-
How to install Real Player?
Hello:
Is it possible or not to install Real Player on Knoppix?
How should I do it?
Thank you.
Wojtek.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know what sort of download you have. Is it a .deb? Is it a .tar? I saw a tar available on freshmeat so that's what I'll explain. Realize that I have no idea what the file is actually named so I'm going to guess that it's realplayer9.tar.gz
Code:
tar xvzf realplayer9.tar.gz
cd realplayer9
ls
Have a look at the files. There should be something called INSTALL and/or README. Open them with your favorite editor. Follow the instructions for installation. Often (but not always) you install a gzipped tarball like this:
Code:
./configure
make
su
<password>
make install
make clean
You are trying to install this to a hard drive installation right? You can't install it to the cd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can get the rpm and use alien to install. As root in a console alien -i /path_to/ realplayer_file_name.rpm. Then you can run realplayer from the run command or add it to the menu with the menu editor.
-
Senior Member
registered user
use Fabian's knoppix realplayer installer script, it's posted on this forum.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
use Fabian's knoppix realplayer installer script, it's posted on this forum.
Is realplayer hard to install on Knoppix for some reason? I've never used it. It gives me nightmares of windoworld.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
probono
use Fabian's knoppix realplayer installer script, it's posted on this forum.
Is realplayer hard to install on Knoppix for some reason? I've never used it. It gives me nightmares of windoworld.

No, not hard at all.
-
Hello !
Thank you for all the letters. I read them after I installed Rel Player.
It was not easy. First of all it was not easy to find installer on RNs' website.
Then it turned out that it was necessary to download correct file (linux 2 something).
Finally I run the installer.
And it works !
w.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Isn't there a realplayer plug-in allready installed in mozzilla? If so, you could open the file with mozilla and let it do it's thing.
Similar Threads
-
By chris_Xnest in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
-
By electronicjason in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 11:59 PM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 7 8700G 8-Core 16-Thread Radeon 780M LGA 1718 4.2GHz Desktop Processor
$169.97

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Intel Core i9-11900K Unlocked 8-Core 3.5 GHz UP To 5.3 GHz🚀 LGA 1200 Processor
$250.00

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core AM5 Desktop Processor 5.2GHz MPN 100-100001084WOF
$385.00