-
alsa instead of oss sound drivers
I have Knoppix 3.8.2 installed on my machine. I've got past the worst of the launch curve (mine and the computer's) but still the sound system boots to OSS which doesn't work fully - especially with MIDI.
I can run alsaconf, and that fixes it that time, but at next bootup it's back to OSS and I have to run alsaconf all over again.
I've googled for ways to set it to start in alsa mode, but not found any that I can understand, or that work. Is there an easy way? At the moment, I've put "alsaconf" in bootmisc.sh - that runs it OK but I still have to go through the full Q&A each time. There must be a better way.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By Keithj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By toltech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 11:30 AM
-
By dbk-gravity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
-
By tw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:24 PM
-
By cy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00