Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Greetings!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107

    Greetings!

    Nowhere can I find a Greetings Card Designer for Linux, although there are several online versions. Someone must've written one, surely?

    Please can I be reminded how to interface my Olympus 220Z. I recall that I have to run /proc/scsi/scsi but forget what else needs to be done.

    OG.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    23
    Not sure what you mean by "Greetings Card Designer". If you mean those email e-cards I'd probably suggest Gimp - you can make animations and stuff. If you mean designing a physical card you can print out, maybe Scribus? (I have never tried this but it sounds like it would do the trick) or there might be something in the Open Office programs, I'd suspect. (I don't use these either)

    As for the camera, I can't help you, but for my own, I googled the model and added "linux" to the search terms and found a solution quite easily, it just involved adding a line to the fstab, and running a command. Hope some of this helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Thanks for those comments. It was the hard-copy print-out card variety I was after.
    I will follow your advice on cameras.
    OG.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    You can use almost any camera with gphoto2 http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/proj/l...o2/support.php
    Easier though to get one that supports usb-storage so you can just mount it like knewbix said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR GS308-300PAS GS308 8 Gigabit Port Unmanaged Ethernet Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308-300PAS GS308 8 Gigabit Port Unmanaged Ethernet Switch

$11.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00