-
Knoppix and the source files
Hi Guys,
About 3 months ago I installed version 3.8 of Knoppix. It has been working fine for my Asterisk server. Recently I purchased a hardware card that I installed in attempting to install a package called zaptel I noticed that the version of Knoppix that I have does not have any of the source files /usr/src/linux2.6.11/ This directory is empty.
Can I install these source files after the fact and if so how?
Thanks
Mmartinez
-
Senior Member
registered user
Connect to the internet
open a terminal console type:
su
(prompt for root password, enter it)
apt-get update && apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.11 synaptic && exit
You'll now have the kernel sources and synaptic (which is an easy peasy front end to apt-get). I suspect you'll need the kernel headers, too, and synaptic will make it easy to find the appropriate ones.
Similar Threads
-
By Ranger24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
-
By BillS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
-
By EdeS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
-
By cesman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 05:26 PM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99