I ran knoppix (3.4) off the live cd and had set up my net connection with wvdial and it works great.
However, after installing to the harddrive via knx-hdinstall script... now I start the net using wvdial, and it connects per usual and the console outputs the same and assigns the connection a pid. It stays connected great, PPPstatus reports the connection working, sending a packet to keep it alive and recieving a response but when I attempt to use any internet based applications such as gaim or mozilla, nothing. It's as if it wasn't connected, although the connection is alive.
It works great if I run it off the CD though.
Anyone have any ideas? Is it possibly a configuartion I need to look into?
Thanks,
Louis

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)
$269.99
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX
$135.00
*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" FHD i5-8250U 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11
$200.00
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Plus 12" i5-1135g7 8GB 256GB - Very Good
$239.99